Europe for Visitors - Home
Home Main Index Site Search

Driving in Europe

Page 3
Continued from page 2


ABOVE: The relatively compact but roomy Peugeot Partner is popular with families, couples, and students traveling together. It's available through the Peugeot Open Europe "Buy Back" program.

Related articles

Car Rentals: When to Rent, When to Lease
Use the comparison chart in this article to help determine whether you should consider a traditional car rental or a short-term lease.

Rental-Car Insurance
Do you need liability insurance in Europe? Should you pay extra for a Collision Damage Waiver, or can you rely on your credit card's free coverage? This Europe for Visitors article has the answers.

Car or Train?
Should you tour Europe on four wheels or ride the rails? Use this quiz and related resources to make a wise decision.

International Driving Permit
The IDP is an official document that certifies the validity of your home driver's license in 150 countries. (But beware of so-called "International Driver's License" scams.)

Europe by Van and Motorhome
Relive the '60s in a VW van or cruise the Continent in a land yacht.

General information

Moto Europa
Erick Bredesen's Moto Europa is a guidebook for car, van, motorhome, and motorcycle travelers. The Web version of the book is geared toward U.S. drivers, but other non-Europeans will also find it helpful.

European International Road Signs and Conventions
The interface may be more confusing than a Parisian roundabout, but be patient--and scroll down for links to pages on traffic signs.

Discover Europe by Car
The European Travel Commission offers advice on traveling by car in various countries.

Which Side of the Road Do They Drive On?
Brian Lucas describes his informative and entertaining article as "an attempt to list which side of the road people drive on around the world, and to find some reasons why." (Wikipedia's Right- and left-hand traffic page also covers this topic in detail.)


Beach's Motorcycle Adventures
This company has more than 30 years of experience in conducting European tours on BMW motorcycles.

Next page: Driving links by country

In this article:

Other articles about driving in Europe:

   Photo copyright © Peugeot.

"Best of the Web"
- Forbes and The Washington Post

  arrow About Europe for Visitors

Photo (c)

Need a car in Europe?

If you live outside the EU, a tax-free tourist car lease can be cheaper than renting for visits of 21+ days. Minimum driver age is 18, there' s no upper age limit, and rates include insurance.

  arrow  Renault Eurodrive car leases


Traveling by train?

Get free schedules, maps, and guides for 50+ European railroads. (Residents of North and Central America can buy tickets and rail passes online.)

  arrow Rail Europe

Our companion sites:

  arrow Venice for Visitors

  arrow Paris for Visitors

  arrow Rome for Visitors

  arrow Europe for Cruisers