View Larger Map
How to use this Google Map:
- Click the location arrows and zoom controls (+/-) to customize
- The default view is "Sat" (satellite photo).
- Click "Map"or "Ter" for a street map.
- Click "Earth" for an oblique or "bird's eye" view.
- Move your cursor over the icons (such as "S" for "S-Bahn
station) to see names of landmarks or locations.
What you're seeing:
- The two bodies of water in the upper-right quadrant are the
Binnen Alster (Inner Alster) and Aussenalster (Outer Alster) lakes.
- The River Elbe and port are in the lower half of the map.
- Most hotels, shops, museums, etc. are in the built-up area
between the Alster lakes and the river. (Canals run more or less
vertically through the city center, connecting the Binnen Alster and
- The Hauptbahnhof, or main railroad station, is above the S-Bahn
Stop ("S") on the right side of the central ring road.
- St. Pauli, Hamburg's famous entertainment district, is left of
the city center.
- The whitish patch toward the right side of the harbor is
HafenCity, a huge new development next to the Speicherstadt (the old
warehouse district, whose canals are visible just above HafenCity).