From: Münster, Germany
The Lambertikirche, located on the St. Lamberti Market, was built
between 1375 and 1450 at the junction of two medieval shopping streets. Its
tower, which was largely untouched by World War II bombing, has three iron cages
hanging from it. These "Anabaptist Cages" held the decaying corpses of three
religious radicals-- including Jan van Leiden, the self-proclaimed "king of the
Anabaptists"--who were executed during the 16th Century.
Photo: Presseamt Stadt Münster / Joachim