ABOVE: We value your privacy, so please shut the door.
- We don't gather any personal information from you. Even if we somehow learn
personal information about you (such as your e-mail address, if you write to
us), we won't share that
information with anyone else. We won't spam you with newsletters or e-mail sales pitches,
- As a mom-and-pop operation owned by liberal-arts types, we don't even know
how to spy on you.
- Although we don't gather any personal informaton, we aren't responsible for information that may be gathered by ad networks,
affiliates, or advertisers when you complete surveys or fill out order forms.
Nor are we responsible for any "cookies" that our advertising
networks, booking partners, and traffic-measurement services may place in your "temporary Internet files" directory to keep
track (for example) of whether you've previously visited the site, seen an ad,
clicked an ad for a product or service, etc.
And while we ourselves don't track IP addresses, which are the Internet Protocol
numbers temporarily or permanently assigned to your network or computer by
Internet service providers, third-party services such as Google and Quantcast may do so for purposes of traffic measuring and analysis.
- When you visit a Web site (ours or anybody else's), the Web site's server
logs indicate where you came from--e.g., "aol.com," "att.net,"
"harvard.edu," "fritolay.com," or "hkcable.com.hk." However, the server log
doesn't indicate who you are (even if it records your IP address for
tracking purposes) and we have no way of knowing your identity.
- Finally, if you're paranoid about Web cookies, beacons, and similar
temporary Internet files used by advertisers, you can disable them in your
browser. (See your browser's help file to learn how.) Caution:
Disabling or deleting cookies can have unintended consequences, such as forcing you to
log in manually when you visit forums, social-networking sites, online
editions of newspapers, and other membership-based sites.
Privacy policies of our advertising
networks, booking partners, and
Photo copyright © Emre Eldimir.