Europe for Visitors - Home
Home  Main Index Tour Europe by Ship About Us

Talk Abroad

Multi-Country Calling from Cellular Abroad

Page 4
Continued from page 3

Recommendation and money-saving tips

Talk Abroad is your best option if:

  • You're visiting more than one country--for example, on an escorted tour, a train or car trip, or a cruise around Europe.

  • You won't be making frequent local calls.

  • Local people won't call you very often.

  • You need a single, permanent European phone number abroad and/or a U.S.-based number where you can be reached by Americans who don't know how to call overseas.

A single-country SIM card is your best option if:

  • You're visiting only one country.

  • You'll be using the phone often for local calls.

  • Local people will need to call you frequently.

Money-saving tips:

  • If you travel to Europe reasonably often but don't always visit the same country, Talk Abroad is likely to be a better value because you can keep using it instead of buying a new SIM card for each trip. Also, you can recharge Talk Abroad and keep the same phone number indefinitely wherever you live.

  • When calling friends, family, or co-workers back home, ask them to call back from a landline phone or with Skype. That way, you won't use up your outgoing talk time. (Incoming calls are free.)

  • Be aware of surcharges. For example, there's a  surcharge for outgoing  calls to mobile phones, so you'll save money by calling business colleagues, family, friends, or business contacts at their landline numbers.

For more information on TalkAbroad:

Visit, where you'll find the latest product details and pricing for SIM cards, multiband phones, and phone packages.

Back to: TalkAbroad - introduction

In this article:

"Best of the Web"
- Forbes and The Washington Post


Copyright (c) iStockphoto/arosoft

Need a car in Europe?

Tourist car leases (21+ days)

If you live outside the EU, a tax-free Renault or Peugeot tourist car lease can be cheaper than renting for visits of three weeks or longer. Minimum driver age is 18, there' s no upper age limit, and rates include insurance.

Car Rentals

Auto Europe makes it easy to find the best car and motorhome rental rates in more than 20,000 locations.


More travel advice: